Craft and Trade Show Schedule
Mark your calendars for the following dates:
- November 13th, 2021
- April 9th, 2022
- November 12th, 2022
Mid Show Promotions (https://www.facebook.com/midshowpromotions/) is the development arm for Community Action Partnership of Mid Nebraska (Mid) here in Kearney. (www.communityactionmidne.com) The Craft Shows help raise discretionary funding to help support Mid’s program services. In 2017, the Craft Show Food Drives were started to help provide food for the agency’s Mobile Produce Pantries. The food donated from the craft show food drives go to our mobiles that travel around to towns every two weeks in Buffalo County, Holdrege and Minden. Thank you if you have ever participated in our food drives!
Our Twelve Goals of Craft Shows:
1) Allow two types of vendors: hand-crafters and trade vendors. It is the goal to have a well-rounded show with many choices under one roof, a one-stop-shop.
2) Provide opportunities to entrepreneurs whether they handcraft or sell a product.
3) Mid Show Promotions is a program under Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska, a private non-profit organization. All net profits from the Craft Show go back to help support our Community Action programs that help people and change lives.
4) Provide excellent customer service. This includes assistance with unloading and loading when needed, an overnight security guard for set-up convenience for odd hours, and vendor courtesy during the day.
5) Provide good exposure for our vendors with advertising and Facebook promotion. Please get in the habit of looking up Mid Show Promotions especially close to showtime.
6) Have organized and appealing shows with awesome traffic.
7) Be fair to all vendors, first-come, first-served to trade vendors.
8) Place vendors in a location advantageous with no like vendors near.
9) Show loyalty to faithful crafters extending them their same booth spaces year after year.
10) Troubleshoot and solve problems in a timely manner.
11) Help vendors make income and if not, education on your promotions.
12) Ensure vendors have a great experience and want to come back.
Check out our vendors on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/midshowpromotions/
For more information about any of these programs or to setup a show, please contact, Kyla Martin at (308) 440-0153.
Mid’s Craft Show Story
Community Action Partnership of Mid Nebraska (Mid), located in Kearney, is a non-profit community services agency that strives to help people and change lives through their many community service programs. Mid organizes large craft shows in the Kearney area to provide an avenue for local crafters and service groups to promote their products and services. These large shows are part of the Development Program that work to raise discretionary funding to support program services of the agency.
Mid started managing the Holiday Splendor Craft Show in 2004 out at the Buffalo County Fairgrounds in the Exhibit Building. This show features a huge variety of crafters and local talent ranging from jewelry, delicious fudge, weaving, and woodworking. The show runs from 9:00-4:00.
In 2006, Mid was asked to take over the Spring Festival Craft Show which we now call the Signs of Spring. This show partners with other events going on at the fairgrounds to create quite a buzz for the day. Going on in conjunction with our craft show has been the Bumblebees and Ladybugs Children’s Consignment Sale and the Hand-me-downs 4 U Consignment Sale. These three shows have partnered with each other to create more promotional exposure. New to the scene are the CAS Antique Shows that will be showing in the Exhibition Building during Holiday Splendor.
Since so many requests for booths came in from non-crafters, the Mid’s Product Premiere Tradeshow was born in 2007 and held in the Extension Building. It was designed to create a venue for non-crafters. Geared towards home-party sales, direct sales companies, GROW Nebraska members, and other businesses with products for sale, this fair was a nice compliment to the next-door craft show.
With the creation of the brand new Expo Building, Mid was able to be the first craft/trade show of its kind in the new building in April 2011. We were able to combine the craft show with the Product Premiere all under one roof calling them craft and trade shows. It was amazing with a nice flow of artists, crafters, products and service vendors. Only one representative per company is allowed to show and others are put on a waiting list for their turn. This has proven to provide great economic opportunity in Nebraska.
For regular updates on the current craft show promotion, LIKE us at facebook.com/midshowpromotions.
For more information, please call Kyla Martin at 308-440-0153 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.