Investing in people so they can reinvest in their communities
The Life Skills Program provides training to individuals wanting to seek employment, increase assets, or improve knowledge of life skills.
The Life Skills Program focuses on working with individuals to help them overcome barriers to obtaining employment and provide needed training. The Job Skills Training component provides opportunities for people to achieve certifications in a variety of fields. Our key market includes individuals interested in pursuing these career fields who fall between 100 – 200% of the poverty level. We have close working relationships with Adult Basic Education, the University of Nebraska at Kearney Safety Center, and area Community Colleges.
Topics Covered include:
- GED registration and testing
- Medication Aide and Nursing Aide training opportunities
- Assistance with job applications and resume creations
- Basic personal finance and budgeting
- Financial Literacy programs such as Financial Peace University
- Basic Banking information
- Referrals to programs that may assist with:
- Nutrition and health
- Business development
- Housing options
- Parenting classes
For more information, please contact (308) 865-5675