Community Health Worker Program
Mid was awarded a grant as part of the 2015-2017 Minority Health Initiative Project in Buffalo, Dawson, Kearney, Phelps, and Webster counties in July of 2015. We received another grant starting in July of 2017 through December 2019.
Mid employs full-time Community Health Workers that will focus on increasing linkages between health systems and community resources for minorities to promote healthier lifestyles. Click here for the program brochure.
The grant specifically target minorities who are obese and likely have co morbidity of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. The Community Health Workers travel between the five county area, working with Head Start, Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) programs, Mid’s Immunization Clinic, the Help Care Clinic in Kearney, Plum Creek Medical Group in Lexington; and other community partners.
This grant is a great addition to our Dental Care Community Health Worker and will help us better meet the needs of the underserved populations.
Here are our data outcomes for the last eight quarters:
- 146 duplicated individuals served.
- 338 duplicated individuals served.
- 63 individuals received health education
- 147 individuals linked to a medical home
- 226 individuals maintained participation in the Healthy Lifestyles Walking Program
- 398 unduplicated individuals reported increased physical activity
- 102 individuals who maintained weight loss
Contact information: (308) 865-5675
For information about the State of Nebraska Medicaid Managed Care plans click here: State of Nebraska Medicaid