Community Development Block Grant Program
The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program – Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation: Mid-Nebraska has one certified CDBG Administrator that can help communities write and administer housing rehab projects. Many towns may be interested in learning more about the program and whether it is right for their community.
- The Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds are awarded to local municipalities through a competitive grant application basis.
- The grant provides assistance to renovate and rehabilitate owner-occupied homes for lower income families within city or zoning limits
- Rehabilitation can include repairs such as roofing, windows, heating, electrical, insulation, plumbing, exterior painting, siding and some remodeling
The Key to this process is a smooth application phase. Before the application is submitted the city is required to:
- Conduct a needs assessment survey
- Procure a grant administrator
- Appoint a Housing Committee
- Hold a minimum of two public hearing including a town hall meeting
- Complete a Take 5 community inventory
- Pass a citizen participation plan and a resolution to submit the application
If awarded the funds, a CDBG Certified Administrator will oversee most of the daily implementation of the grant.
Local homeowners will be invited to submit a simple pre-application if they are interested in participating in the program.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact (308) 865-5675 for more information.